Bollywood star Kiara Advani whose name has surged to the top after the release of ‘Kabir Singh’, had actually taken the inspiration of her name from Priyanka Chopra.

The 26-year-old star's genuine name was Alia before she broke into the industry and needed to transform it since she would not like to be mistaken for Alia Bhatt, who was at that point a built up actor when she made her debut in 2014. 

In a interview with Filmfare, the celebrity opened up about how she got her screen name: "My name has been Kiara since my introduction in 2014. I would not like to mistake the crowd for Alia Bhatt, a built up genius. It just felt like the correct activity to have your own personality. Why have two Alias?" 

The actor revealed further: “The name Kiara was inspired by Priyanka Chopra’s movie ‘Anjana Anjani’, where she introduces herself as, ‘Hi, I’m Kiara.’ I thought, ‘What a beautiful name. If I have a daughter, I’ll call her Kiara’. But before that, I needed a name for myself. So, I took it on.”

On the work front, the actor is as of now riding high on the guard accomplishment of 'Kabir Singh', and will be next found in ‘Good News’ alongside Akshay Kumar and Kareena Kapoor.