Subscribe Us

Sorry Firdous Jamal, Mahira Khan plans on staying in the showbiz till she can play a grandma


After penning a heartfelt note on Instagram to thank fans for all their help, Mahira Khan has ended her quiet over Firdous Jamal's sexist remarks about her. 

On Saturday, a clip from Faysal Qureshi's show began doing the rounds via social media in which visitor Jamal shared: "I'm sorry to say if someone likes it or not, but Mahira is not heroine stuff. She's a mediocre sort of a model, she's not a good actress and is not a heroine." 

Thankfully, peers from within the fraternity stood up for Mahira.

The Raees heroine and actress tended to the fiasco in an ongoing Independent Urdu interview.


View this post on Instagram

We are the present. What we do and how we do it, is our future. Thank you to all those who have come out to support me- I did not ask for it and that makes it even more special. As an artist I am proud of my industry. I’m grateful to my senior artists for paving the way for people like me and so many others. I am also proud of myself. In this journey of mine, I can proudly say that I have done what I thought was right and never succumbed to what others thought was right for me. That - I will continue to do. InshAllah. In a world full of hate, let’s choose to love. Let’s be tolerant of other people’s opinions and let our fight be against the mindset -that a successful woman is a scary thought. No it isn’t. It’s a beautiful and empowering one. Let us stop picking on one another so that this industry and our country thrives like no other. I read somewhere that ‘Stardom’ in Latin means - thank you to the fans when it was lonely. Stardom it is then! Love and Gratitude, X
A post shared by Mahira Khan (@mahirahkhan) on

At the point when solicited what she supposes from the debate,Mahira Khan answered, "I have said what I wanted to say. I usually don't say anything because people always have something to say about public figures. We are actors, of course people would say something about us, be they senior actors or fellow actors or public in general." 
"I think this case has blown up because of social media and also because the entire industry jumped to my defense," she added. 
"I am extremely thankful to them because in times like these, you find out how the industry feels about you. I didn't know it before since I'm not close to most people in the industry like that so this really meant a lot to me." 
"As far as my reaction to his comment is concerned, I see that it's an opinion and one thing which really needs to be done is we control ourselves and respect each other as artists. If we don't respect each other then we really shouldn't be pointing out how other people are trolling celebrities. I think we should set an example by respecting each other first."

The  actress additionally repeated that she has effectively played the character of a mother in Humsafar and would gladly play it once more.
 "I plan on staying in the industry till I'm playing a grandmother and even a great grandmother and I actually look forward to that," she tossed in with a cheeky smile.

Post a Comment

0 Comments